Based in Soho, London, KBA is a personable, boutique PR and communications agency with a powerful punch that everyone feels comfortable dealing with. Every client is treated like a member of the greater family. We listen to needs, support plans and build successful strategies that realise ambitions. Our tight-knit team is comprised of highly talented and experienced people in the business who are totally focused on getting clients seen, heard and appreciated.
KBA is seeking an ambitious, skilled and highly organised PR Practitioner with a passion for Finance and Technology to act as an Account Manager. Public Relations, marketing or communications degree, a very keen interest in sport and at least two year’s relevant experience are essential.
• Plan and implement impactful PR campaigns.
• Develop and lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them the client’s key business objectives.
• Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum.
• Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns.
• Sell idea, promotions and features to clients and media.
• Proactively sourcing story ideas.
• Developing online PR and social media campaigns with digital marketing manager.
• Delegate to junior consultants effectively and supervise activity and workloads.
• Maintain agreed client activity and budgets.
• Liaise with the client and act as a key point of contact.
• Dealing with enquiries from media contacts.
• Brainstorming for event ideas.
• Organising and leading events ensuring smooth running.
• Ensuring accurate follow-up reporting and evaluation.
• Researching angles and writing ‘journalist quality’ press releases.
• Editing and proofreading of releases from junior team members.
New Business Development:
• Planning the scheduling of releases and articles.
• Compiling and researching client pitches to win new business
• Making use of industry contacts to develop KBA’s reputation and client base.
• Assist with idea generation, research and presentations for new client pitches.
• Fully participating in brainstorming /ideas sessions held by the agency for both existing and prospective new clients.
• Initiating and developing new projects to fulfil client objectives and benefit the agency.
• Continue to strengthen writing and presentation skills.
• Constantly finding new learning opportunities.
• Gain a better understanding of client competition.
- 3-5 years relevant PR experience within the fields of fashion or technology preferable, not essential.
- High level of writing skills and the ability to adapt style for different audiences.
- A strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what makes a story.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- Experience of delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery.
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, at all levels.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Reliable, committed and organised with an ability to handle change easily.
- Confident, self-aware and outgoing.